Friday, August 1, 2008

Oh what a day!!!!

I don't even know where to begin this, but I can tell you that as I write this I am eating chocolate, it is the only thing that will make me feel better at this point, since heavy drinking is out.

The morning began sleep deprived, since Shane is boycotting sleep these days and felt the need to stay up VERY late and wake up VERY early. Then Shane was in rotten form, and all I could do was get our bags packed as fast as possible to get us out the door. We were held up by the sheetrock guy who was repairing the hole in our ceiling. He was painting, which will later turn out to be a gift from God. The fumes were a bit much, so I opened a small window in the kitchen to get the fumes out.

Then we headed out the door to Mobius, our children's museum. I opted to bring the single stroller since the double is getting a bit heavy for me to carry, big mistake. I am trying to get Shane more accustomed to walking, since he will soon have to with the new baby, since I refuse to have a triple stroller. Well he in his own words had a "meltdown" in the parking lot. I coaxed him away from the car with a piggyback ride, if only someone could have taken a picture of an 8 months pregnant lady with a 3 year old on her back pushing a toddler in a stroller. Of course I got the pity looks and comments about my hands being full, yeah really, those were insightful. We made our way to Mobius and I actually could relax for 90 minutes while the kids played and I could visit a bit with my friend Amber. Because I was feeling ambitious after Mobius, we ventured to Bath and Body works to stock up on soap, which was on sale. Thankfully the ladies in the store helped me out, since Myann was sticking lipgloss into my diaper bag by the fistful and Shane was scaling the shelves to "help" mommy get soap. I am becoming convinced that a majority of the shoplifters in the world are actually unsuspecting mothers, I have learned to check my bags for merchandise before leaving stores. We finally made it back to the car, with more pity glances.

Shane "fishing" at Mobius


Shane, Thomas, and Joshua with their airplanes


We got home, I decided it was a nice day to eat on the back deck. I went out to wipe their hands and the wind blew the door shut. I went for the door and realized it was LOCKED!!!! We have one of those where you turn the little knob, so I didn't notice someone must have locked it. For those who don't know, our deck has no stairs and is about 15 plus feet in the air. Non pregnant, I probably would have gone over the side and jumped, but thought better at 8 months prego. It is a pretty cloudy day and I was getting worried about rain, it was naptime and no one would be coming over today and Brian was going to a friend's lake house for the evening. So we could have possibly been stuck out there the entire night. I started yelling for my neighbors, but since we are on 3 acres, neighbors aren't really in yelling distance unless they are outside and really paying attention. Plus none seemed to be home. Shane at this point starts yelling with me and then as cars drove through the gate I tried to yell and flag them down, but again unless they happened to be looking our way, they wouldn't even notice us. And I don't know if I would drive over to someone I saw waving their hands in the air from the deck. Trying not to panic I thought about what to do, but nothing on the deck could break a window, but then I remembered the window I had opened that morning. THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!! I knew there was no way I could fit through, but Shane could. So I busted out the screen and slid Shane through the window to unlock the door. Shane loved that he was our superhero and saved us. Of course we now have a screen window to fix, but it was well worth it.

So now the kids are down for a nap, though I keep hearing Shane stomping around, so he is not really sleeping, but they are in their rooms, and I am eating chocolate to calm my nerves. Oh what a day...and it is only half way over.

Here is a picture from dinner last night, with Shane and Myann eating on the back patio, which is why I thought it would be a good idea again today. Boy was I wrong.

2 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Oh poor Kari! That sounds like quite the adventure! At 4 months preggo, I know nothing in comparison, I had to jump our back fence. It totally freaked me out! I'll never do that again pregnant! Glad you had Superhero Shane there to slide through the window!

panacea911 said...

So much for the image I have of your charmed life. LOL Hilarious