Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy busy busy

Sorry but blogging hasn't been an option the past week. Last week was a blur, I worked A Lot. I had to finish my final report and get it in the mail. I did and it went out Thursday at 5pm. Woohoo! I really wanted to celebrate, but Brian was out of town. We did manage to fit in a few activities - OB appt on Monday, baby and I are good. Shane and Myann talked the doctor's ear off, but she is always so sweet and listens to EVERYTHING they have to say. Myann had My Gym on Tuesday, she loves that class and might have a future in basketball. She is quite sneaky about getting balls past me from the ball pit. Thursday, Shane had a dentist appt and he did awesome. We got a good report and he just sat there and let her clean and check with no worries. I had a dental appt too, but didn't think you'd be as interested in a picture of me at the dentist.



Friday, we had a playdate at our friend Jenn's house and the kids had a really good time. It has really warmed up here, so after playing hard on the playground, we cooled off in her pools.

Saturday morning, I loaded up the kids and headed to Greenbluff for some peach and apricot picking. Normally I would say it wasn't a smart thing to do without Brian, but I have an awesome group of friends here with equally wonderful husbands who REALLY helped me. They help me corral the kids, since I just can't handle 2 in a crowded public place right now, I don't get around too fast. And the stroller would have been impossible for me to load on and off the tractor trailer, but Amber's husband was kind enough to do it for me. We didn't actually get peaches and apricots, they were all picked out, but we did pick some of the best nectarines ever. Myann was not particular and happy to eat the unripened ones she picked off the lower branches. Shane insisted they were still peaches, but happy to pick away for "good ones". All in all it was fun, 10am ice cream, fruit picking, and pony rides - just about a kids perfect day. I think we are going again this weekend to hope we actually get there early enough for peaches.



Sunday, we had a photographer come out to do maternity/kid pictures. The kids were not very cooperative. Shane wanted his toolbox in every picture and Myann did not want to be near Shane for anything. Then when we tried to take pictures in our bed, the kids decided it was time to go wild and run crazy. I am hopeful that we got a few decent shots. The photographer posted a sneak peak on her blog.
http://www.jaideanb.blogspot.com/
Once I get past the seeing myself 50 lbs heavier than normal, I can acknowledge that the first few are pretty good and capture what I wanted, me pregnant and with the kids. And they are pretty much true to daily life, me carrying Myann around and Shane hugging the belly.

After photos, we went out to the French's lake house again to escape the heat. Getting out in the water and on the boat definitely made the heat tolerable. The kids did awesome until the meltdowns came later that evening. Shane even did a 30 minute jet ski ride with Brian and played nonstop on the beach. Myann demonstrated her awesome talent of blowing bubbles in the water and buckling ever life jacket buckle she could get her hands on.



Myann buckling at 50 mph - she is determined!



Today we started outdoor swim lessons and of course it is supposed to rain most of the week. Gotta love that. But Shane enjoyed lessons this morning, so even if we have to miss a few, I think it is worth it. Myann was determined to join the class, so I spent the whole class keeping her away from Shane and in the shallow area.



Then we played at the park with friends. Myann slipped in the mud and rather than being a good mommy and running to her rescue, I dug for my camera and avoided her until I could get a good shot. It was so funny, all us moms were cracking up.





Then home to get the kids to bed. Update on one of our other babies, Katie. I had to take her to the vet today because she had a lump on her lower jaw. Turns out her brother Maddox took a chunk out of her. Once the vet shaved the area, she had a nasty puncture hole. Poor girl was such a trooper. So no more rough housing, now I have 2 sets of kids I have to keep from fighting. What a life!

Myann with the puppies - total no no, her being in their kennel, but she was just too happy to have gotten them and her in there. I found them in there when I was back and forth doing laundry.

No comments: