Monday, August 4, 2008

Little did I know...

Friday was just the beginning. Brian can't believe it, but we somehow managed to get locked out TWO days in a row. Saturday morning, after getting showered and dressed (thank you God for that), Shane and I took the puppies outside. We always let them out first thing and then I go back in for Myann, who had woken up. Well, I let the dogs out and cleaned up their toys and then I hear Shane say, we are locked out again. I didn't believe it, but tried the garage door for myself and sure enough we were. Fortunately, we had access to the garage, but not the office. No big deal, Brian was still in bed, right? No, Brian is a deep sleeper, plus we don't have a phone in our room and we use a noise machine, so it takes A LOT to wake him up. So we begin ringing the door bell and banging on the door. No luck. Then I grab all the dog tennis balls and start throwing them at our bedroom window, of course I only hit the window every third time, but I thought for sure he would check to see what the noise was. Poor Shane was outside without shoes and all I could think about was poor Myann up in bed and wondering why no one was coming for her. TWO HOURS later, I gave up and went to the neighbors, I would have gone sooner, but I was too embarrassed to say I was locked out again and my husband was in the house. My neighbor's husband grabbed his ladder and set out to go in the deck window I had ripped the screen out of the day before. But I had shut and locked that window since the ripped screen was letting flies in. As we were discussing moving the ladder to our bedroom window so they could knock on the window until Brian got up, I heard Brian saying what is going on out there. Ahh, relief he was up, but I was still embarrassed. My neighbors were too kind. I know what you must be thinking, hide some extra keys!!! Preaching to the choir, Brian promptly went out and had keys made and we are now covered in the event I am locked out again from any door. In my defense, I had tried to get extra keys made before at Lowes, but after 3 attempts, none of the keys ever worked so I gave up. Brian went to an actual locksmith and that did the trick.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful. Sunday we took a tour of Sacred Heart, where baby boy will be born. Pointless tour for us, since they talk all about labor and delivery, of which I won't be doing. But at least it helped Shane see where the baby would be born, though I think he expected to have the baby that day.

No comments: