Friday, August 29, 2008

Week in review & and one year flashback

So today after Mobius with our friends, we went to Pig Out in the Park. This time last year we did the same event on the same day. Here is a picture from last year. I didn't many this year, since I had both kids and with my 9 month belly, photos weren't happening.

One year ago:



From today:




Amber multi-tasking at Mobius. Myann LOVES her Amber. Amber was watching the girls so Sandra and I could finish the crafts with the boys.



This was another crazy week of swimming in 50 degree weather. Shane was wonderful and took it so well. Myann and I froze on the sidelines.



Shane putting half his face in the water.




Shane is still not a swimmer, but he is getting better about putting his face in the water and will back float. Maybe next summer he will finally swim alone. Though he has no fear of slides. On his last day of class Thursday, he went down with Josh, his swim coach two times. Amazingly enough, it wasn't too cold for the wasps. Poor Tina was holding Myann when she was stung by a wasp. By a miracle, she held on to her, heck I'm her mom and I would have dropped her if I got stung.

Photos from Shane's last swim class:






After swimming, we met our mommy group friends at Millwood and had a great time as always. Myann has gotten pretty independent on the playground and Shane just runs with his friends.

Then Thursday night was the hot dog social at St. Al's, the kids preschool. School starts back next week and Shane will continue to go 2 days and Myann will start one day. Shane is ready to go back and I think he will do great with his teachers. I know Myann's teachers well, since they were Shane's last year, and they are wonderful, but I am so nervous about how she will do. Napping in a room with other kids should be interesting. But she seemed to love playing, though that consisted of beating a baby doll's head against the stove 5 times before sticking her in the oven to cook. Obviously, I will be watching her closely around her new baby brother.

No comments: