Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Swimming at 60 degrees



Bless his heart, Shane was a trooper this morning at swimming. He did so good at listening to the swim coach and even smiled for the camera, and mind you it was 60 degrees outside. Truth be told, he was actually warm since the water is either heated or still hot from the hot weather we have been having. Myann and I were freezing though and wrapped a towel around us to keep warm during his lesson. This weather is nuts, nearly 100 on Monday and then 60 degrees at 10 am on Tuesday. After swimming I took Shane to school to realize his class was gone. It was Chuck E Cheese day and they left before we got there. I knew he would be devastated to miss it, so I drove him up and met up with his class. His teachers are so wonderful and let him join right in. And of course they rode in the city bus back to school, Shane loves riding the bus. Myann and I did a few rides before leaving since I didn't think it would be fair to tease her by going and not letting her play. She was content with her few rides and then agreeably went home.

While Myann napped, I had the luxury of experiencing an afternoon of getting personal things done around the house, rather than working. I did work a couple hours, but normally I work her whole nap, getting nothing done for us. I think I am going to like the no working thing.

Tonight I had a mom's night out at Azteca with my mommy group. It was awesome to get out for a fun dinner with all adults and no kids. I am taking full advantage now since I know come mid-September it will be months before I get a night away like this.

Kids funny sayings today, Myann was saying "I walk" the whole car ride, apparently she didn't want to be in the car. And "stop it". Not so cute since she usually follows it with a hit, she does this to me when I don't give her what she wants. Shane apparently gave Brian a long lecture on the way home from school today about not having a drink when he picked him up. I usually have a drink for him if I pick him up, since I come from home. Shane didn't get that daddy was coming from work and didn't have a sippy cup handy. Brian said he had to hear about it the whole way home.

No comments: