Sunday, August 31, 2008

Myann pee'd in the potty!!!

Tonight Myann pee'd in the potty for the first time. She woke up from her nap and was sitting with Brian and told him she had to go peepee. He quickly put her on the potty and she actually went. This is HUGE!!! She has been talking about it for a while as previously mentioned, but never actually did anything on the potty. We are quite excited. I had hoped she would potty train early since she has been quite aware for 6 months, but didn't get my hopes up. We are still quite a ways away, and I have no doubt she may revert when Baby boy arrives, but regardless, what an awesome achievement today in the Johansen household.

As for the rest of the weekend, yesterday we were back out at the French's lake house with the Prizemans. Shane went out with Todd on the jet ski and was too happy to go. Myann passed out in Blaine's arms while he was driving the boat, that is about the norm. It was a bit chilly in the water for me, but just hanging out with friends was wonderful.



Myann driving the boat



Today we just rearranged the house...not quite, but I guess I am nesting and trying to make room for baby. He will be in our room for a while, so we had to create closet space for him. I moved all my work clothes out, woohoo, won't need those anytime soon. Then I headed to the mall to start my Christmas shopping early and met Sandra and Jenn at Twigs for apps and dessert before going to see Mama Mia. We almost bailed when we found out our showtime was for the "sing" version. Oops, but we decided to go anyway and were quite happy when we walked into the theater and observed that it didn't look like a "singing" kind of crowd. We were right, no singing, though there were times I was tempted, and the subtitles during the songs was pretty cool, didn't know some of the words before.

1 comment:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Go Myann! But really...not sure if I can be your friend anymore. If Myann is potty-trained before the boys I will seriously cry and then pay you to train them too. :)