Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ice Cream Bonanza and near labor



Today we hosted our Mommy and Me Groups ice cream party. We had an awesome turnout, like 20 moms, and probably 25 kids. One of the mom's, Kim, brought an insane amount of ice cream, so we were totally set for some fun. It began with lots of play time, then an attempt at healthy food (chicken nuggets), and then all the ice cream they could eat. For Shane that was 3 bowls, though I somehow missed his third helping, didn't see him sneak in for that. The kids seemed to have fun, his Ford truck was one of our best purchases ever, it gets used more than any other toy when we are outdoors. I didn't get to visit with the other moms as much, but that just goes with the territory of hosting a playdate. I get my chance to socialize when I go to the park or other people's houses. We love hosting though, because we can. In San Diego we just didn't have the room, so we rarely had many people over, but now we have so much space, it is really a blessing. Well Shane loved having so many people over. Once everyone was gone he told me that he liked having so many different people to play with. That makes it all worthwhile.

Myann driving around with her boyfriend Zack, I think we will request a driver's license before they actually leave the driveway.




As for the near labor, in setting up for the playdate, lifting chairs, cleaning the bounce house, setting up the roller coaster, and just generally not ever sitting down, I started feeling some serious belly pains after everyone left. Thank God Tina was here today or else I may have gone into labor. I knew it wasn't labor because it was constant, but it felt like a massive charlie horse on the right side of my belly. So Tina was left to do most of the putting away of big things, while I just did general cleanup. And I have tried to rest as much as possible for the remainder of today. I called my mom and she is getting her premonitions that I will have this baby before my scheduled c-section. I hope I don't, but I wouldn't be surprised.

1 comment:

Domrese Family Blog said...

I have got to get myself one of those. And by one of those, I mean a "Tina." She is awesome! Send her our thanks as well as she was always there when a kid needed her.