Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kid's funnies today

So no swimming today, we tried, we drove to the swim park, but it was raining. I told Shane I didn't think they would have swim class since it was raining. Shane's response was quite logical, he said, "why can't I swim when it's raining? I swim in the pool and it is water and rain is water, so why can't we swim in the rain?" I told him it was a valid point, but I still didn't think it would be open. When we got there, sure enough, the place was empty.

Then last night Shane did the sweetest thing. He pulled his Thomas the Train fold out bed out of the play room and put it in his room at the foot of his bed. He told me it was going to be his baby brother's bed when he came out of my tummy. I told him that the baby would be too small for this bed and Shane said it was ok because he would put blankets around the baby. How sweet is that! I told him that baby brother wouldn't be able to sleep there for a while, he would sleep in my room. He seemed ok with that, but he has yet to move that bed.

And Myann cracked me up at Walmart while shopping today. She was starting to get restless, so I handed her a sucker to hold her over until I could finish shopping. It worked for a while and then she decided she still wanted to stand up in her seat. I told her that I would take her sucker if she did not sit down, she then responded, "You no take my sucker." It was very firm, what a little backtalker I already have. She was so cute in her little voice though that I had to let her keep it.

1 comment:

Cher said...

Sweet, sweet Shane. He is such a good big brother.