Sunday, August 31, 2008

Had to post before I forget

This is my second Daddy post. We've taught Shane how to read the first number on a clock, and set a rule he cannot come out of his room until 7 each morning. Works fantastic 6 out of 7 mornings, which certainly beats zero out of 7 just a few weeks ago. Now we're working on a rule where he can get out of bed at 7, but stay in his playroom or read books until 9. Ambitous goal, but what is the down side to trying. We have an old TV in the playroom which Kari has been trying to teach him to operate. Her complaint is it only has 15 channels even though it's hooked to cable. So this morning I thought, if 15 channels works sometimes, I will fix it to be cable ready and really keep him occupied. So I went to the menu, played with it for awhile, switched it to cable ready, and presto 100 plus channels. I showed Shane again the up and down arrows and said you can watch whatever you want. I left him with Tom and Jerry and came down stairs.

About 10 minutes later he came storming downstairs. "Daddy, that TV is making me nervous!!" Why is it making you nevous I asked. "Because it has too many channels so it's making me frustrated!!"

Dad's plans backfire once again. But it was a good lesson and pretty funny at the same time.

No comments: