Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Never a dull moment

I have had a lot of emotions since I became a mom, but "bored" has never been a word that seems to fit in with our life anymore. There is ALWAYS something to do around here and there is never a dull moment with the kids. Last night Shane came running from the bathroom saying that the toilet was leaking. Never a good thing to hear, so I went running and sure enough, water was filling up the hallway. I have seen some toilets overflow before, but this was bad, the water was gushing from the top. I grabbed blankets and towels, anything within reach to stop the water from going further. I got it turned off and saw an entire roll of toilet paper had been used. Shane didn't even need it, he said he just wanted to put toilet paper in the toilet. It took a while to clean up the mess, not to mention the plunging involved to get rid of that much toilet paper. And trying to keep 2 dogs and 2 kids out of the water, not fun either. At least I got to test out my new baby, see photo below. It worked like a charm on all the towels and blankets.

Many know I have been wanting a front loader for at least a year. Well Brian finally gave in when he got sick of hearing our washing machine sounding like a cyclone with every load. It would literally shake the whole house, so Saturday I went to Sears and got my new baby. And what a happy girl it has made me.



And I had to include this photo of Myann at My Gym. Myann and I do her class every Tuesday and she loves it. However, for the past 2 weeks, I have been paying almost $15 per class for her to play with the water fountain. She refuses to do some of the activities because she does not want to leave the water fountain. The small pleasures in life. Personally, water fountains gross me out, but the kids are drawn to them, what can I do. At least I know My Gym keeps their pretty clean. And the video is classic Myann, running off during circle time and then finding the only man in the room to go sit with. In the background, you will hear this dad's poor daughter crying, since she did not like Myann sitting in her daddy's lap.


No comments: