Sunday, September 14, 2008

My mom is here

So this weekend we have been trying to get everything done before baby. Sorting, washing, organizing, and there is still so much to do. But it has been wonderful having my mom and John here to help with the kids, so I can focus on nesting. Saturday we did our normal routine of My Gym, Shane's baseball, then naps. I went to my neighbor, Jenny's, baby shower and then we had an adult dinner out at Anthony's.



I had been really reluctant to have the c-section tomorrow, I am a firm believer in letting babies come when they are ready and I feel like this baby is being cheated, in that we are taking him out before he is ready. However, I woke during the night with bad cramping, then all day today I have been have cramping, Braxton Hicks, and talk about waddling - I am doing the full on penguin walk. So something is going on down there naturally, which makes me feel much better that baby is about ready to come out. At one point today, I actually got nervous that I may go in to labor during the night. So I am more comfortable with tomorrow, though I still feel the most unprepared compared to the previous two deliveries.

Tonight we went to Coryn and Alyssa's birthday party at the Carousel in Riverfront Park. Kids had fun. Shane did his typical super sweet thing that I haven't really mentioned in the blog before. As we were leaving he picked a flower from the park flower pot and gave it to me. Shane never passes a flower without picking one for me. It is the sweetest and absolutely one of my favorite things about him. Now, that means I have to watch him closely, so that he doesn't pick neighbor's prized flowers or off limit public gardens, but it is so sweet he always thinks of me. I don't know what started it, but he has been doing this for nearly 2 years.


Shane and Mommy playing with the party favors


Myann with Papa


Shane is quite excited about tomorrow. Tonight he told me that tomorrow his baby brother was going to crack out of me as he kicked his way out. And when we asked him what we should name his baby brother, his response was Superman. Gotta love that.

As for Myann, she is who I am most worried about tomorrow, with the arrival of baby boy. She is still such my baby. I have faith that she will warm up over time, but I expect to have a rough couple of months. I love her so much and don't want to see any hurt on her face when seeing a new baby in my arms. But I can't wait for her to get the opportunity to be the big sister.

No comments: