Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Last Dr. appt

Today was my last prenatal checkup. All was uneventful as usual. It took my eventful pregnancy with Myann to make me really appreciate the uneventful. Blood pressure low as always, weight gain minimal, I hit my 50 lb mark and body is happy, so I haven't gained any more weight. Baby sounded good. So we are on for Monday, I did ask if I could keep him in another month since I felt so good, but Dr. Smetana just laughed. I don't think she realized I'm rather serious. I feel so good, don't get me wrong, I ache after being on my feet too long and I get tired easily, but I really feel pretty good considering. Myann was her usual charming self at the dr. appt, saying hi and goodbye to every member of office staff and every patient in the lobby. Little does the world know what a little meany lurks below sometimes. The rotten side emerged after the appt as I attempted to shop around Walmart. She wanted no part of Walmart today, and the only way I bought myself a little time was by letting her push the cart around, boy did that add time to the trip. She literally almost jumped out of the cart when we passed the fish aisle. I forgot about her love of the fish and she started screaching as I looked for weed killer. She pulled herself out of the cart, so I let her down and she RAN for the fish tanks. So we looked at fish and resumed shopping.

Yesterday was Spokane Interstate Fair Day with my mommy group. Thankfully we got there early before the crowds and were also joined by my friend Pam and her twin girls. We mostly looked at the animals, and I did my best to keep up with Shane and Myann, thnakfully I had help from the other moms. Then I got my infamous King corndog, love those things. We had hoped to do rides, but we were all too worn out. Myann fell asleep on the way home and Shane and I rested once home. We'll have to make another trip to the fair with daddy so the kids can actually do the rides. Scare of the day, Shane was almost impaled by a longhorn, ironic since we are from Texas. Shane got a bit too close to a longhorn trying to eat from a bucket so he was shaking his horns all around. An older man grabbed Shane and pulled him away just in time. For all my Aggies, if that longhorn had hurt my baby, I would have given new meaning to our fight song of sawing Varsity's horns off.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Kari,
I guess you did not realize that if you had second children first - they would end up only children! That is how it was for Cathy with Missy and Alex - Missy was easy as pie and, well, you know how it was with our Alex! Love you and can't wait to meet this new miracle of God. Love, Cissie

jl said...

Kari, I can't believe how much time has passed. I am so happy that you are feeling so good. The fun is about to start with 2 young ones already and a new one in another week and only two hands! You have to love it!!

Love you and my prayers are with you all, Aunt Jeanie