Friday, September 12, 2008

2nd school day, Fair, and Park

Wednesday was Myann's 2nd time at school and she again cried when I left. It totally broke my heart, especially since she did the silent cry at first and then the vocal part came out. However, when I came back later that day, she was playing nicely, and according to her teachers, had a good day.

Thursday was my day to run around and get errands done. I even found time to spoil myself and have a prebaby pedicure (couldn't reach my feet if I wanted to, so this was a necessity) and massage (so relaxing). Then we ventured back to the Fair in the evening. Despite the fact that there was no consistency in what rides the kids could and could not do, we had a great time. The kids couldn't do the Ferris Wheel, but they could do a roller coaster, not sure of the reasoning behind that. Myann was able to do a few rides, and Shane did almost all of the rides. The few he couldn't made us so sad, because he was so disappointed and he just didn't get why he couldn't do a ride. Shane has no fear, so to him he felt he should do every ride he wanted. Tina was with us and braved so many of the rides that we couldn't or didn't want to do.

Today was haircut day again. Myann was hesitant at first, but they gave her the sucker upfront, and she was good to go the rest of the time. Shane was his normal wonderful self during haircuts, not a complaint.



Late afternoon we went to Millwood Park to meet the mommy group friends. Shane and Myann enjoyed Jordan's birthday cupcakes, and then they enjoyed the disgusting water fountain. They soaked themselves in the water and even drank a few swigs mixed with rocks. Let's pray they don't wake up super sick tomorrow. We promptly came home and took baths, I had to do what I could to wash some of the filth off.



It is 11:40 pm and I am off to pick my mom and John from the airport. They are here to help prep for the baby. Let's hope my mom's arrival doesn't repeat itself for a third time. For the previous 2 deliveries, I had babies less than 24 hours from when my mom arrived.

No comments: