Friday, September 19, 2008

Anders' debut into public life

Our first night home, Wednesday, was a little rough sleep wise. Anders wanted to be held the whole night, so that translated into little sleep for us. Thursday, Anders seemed to hit his stride and become the sleepy newborn he is supposed to be. We had Tina here, so she helped even out the numbers and the kids got plenty of attention. My mom and Tina took Shane and Myann to the park, so Anders and I had a couple hours alone. He slept a lot of it and I unpacked and did some things around the house. Thursday night was wonderful. I put Anders down at 9:30pm and he didn't wake up until 1:30am. I nursed him and had him back down by 2:15 am. He didn't wake again 4:30 am, back asleep at 5am and then I woke him up at 8:00 am to get ready for his doctor appt. That, that to me is an awesome night. Though I am not ignorant enough to believe this is the way it will be here on out, I enjoy every good night I can get.

Anders' doctor appointment went well. Dr. was pleased with his physical aspects and I was siked that he is already back up to 8 lbs. 7.5 oz. He was about 8 lbs when we left the hospital Wednesday, so my milk is apparently doing its job. After the appointment, we ventured out to Chap's, my favorite breakfast place. We were surprised to see a few of my friends there, and it was great to see some familiar faces and show off Anders. Shane played the whole time and didn't eat, Myann ate so much that we thought she might burst. Anders slept.

This evening we went to the Valleyfest parade. It was pretty smalltown America, but Shane LOVED it. He was hesitant at first, but once he got the hang of running out to get the candy, he couldn't be stopped. He even hunted down one poor man until he gave him a light up toothbrush. Myann seemed to like the excitement, but never went after any candy. Anders slept, except when the trucks sounded their horns, then he nearly lept from my lap. I will post a video soon of Shane guarding his candy bag.





Tonight was Anders first sponge bath, at home. He hated every second of it. We had to do baths because tomorrow is picture day. We have Jaidean coming over to do his newborn photos. I am really hopeful we get one decent family shot, but the focus will be on Anders and maybe Shane and Myann being sweet with him.



Video of Shane protecting his candy bag. He did this all night every time he put in a new piece of candy.

No comments: