Monday, September 22, 2008

Anders' One Week Birthday!!!



My baby is one week old today. I can't believe it. I really can't believe that a whole week has flown by and just over a week ago I was enjoying a last relaxing dinner with my parents at Anthony's. Anders is continuing to do great, pretty much sleeping and eating 24/7. That is except for Saturday when it was picture day - more on that in a minute. I am doing well, but had a little realization moment Sunday morning when I woke up in a bit of pain. I had taken myself off the ibuprofen and realized I still needed it and that I probably did too much on Saturday.

This is Anders' one week photo. I took pictures of Shane and Myann every week with this same pooh bear. So in the future I plan to post pictures comparing the 3.



Saturday morning Jaidean came over for newborn photos. She did an awesome job and was so patient with our family. Brian and I are used to this process, we have done it with all three kids, but my parents were in for a treat. They had no idea that it took HOURS, 4 to be exact, and lots of towels and clean up. Anders surpassed even his siblings, by pooping 7 times and peeing on us about 3 times. Then there is the spit up and constant nursing to get him back to sleep. Myann and Shane were interested in photos for about 5 minutes and then they were over it, so I don't expect any great shots of the three together. And pretty positive we didn't get any family shots, but these are more about Anders anyway. Brian has been very tolerant of me over the years, as I am fanatical about newborn photos, this time goes so quickly and it is one of my favorite stages, so it is critical to me to capture the moment. I am confident Jaidean did that. She had some great ideas, so stay tuned. Her sneak peak with three pictures are up on her blog.
www.jaideanb.blogspot.com

Saturday we hoped to get out in the afternoon, but naps ran long so we didn't make it. Anders was so wiped out from the photos, he slept the rest of the day. Myann had woken up sick that morning, she had thrown up all over her bed, so she just slept most of the day. Then Sunday the weather was horrible, so we didn't make it out either, and I was super disappointed because I know my mom would have loved apple picking at Greenbluff. Besides football season has started so the men were glued to the tv.

Myann regressing, she is obsessed with the baby swing.


Shane showing off for the camera


This morning was my slow integration into normal life. Apparently Myann's bug has spread to my mom, stepdad, and Brian. All three were sick during the night and still sluggish this morning. John and Brian are pretty much better and just had a mild case, but my mom is really bad. Of course she is the one who took care of Myann that morning she woke up sick. So I had some time alone with all 3 this morning. It involved some crying, but we did ok. I even managed to get in 2 loads of laundry, clean the kitchen, and sanitize the doorknobs and light switches. I can see that I will survive with 3 kids, though I'm sure there will be tears, sometimes mine. Please pray that Shane, Anders, and I don't get this bug.

4 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

We'll pray that you keep the bug away from you, Anders, and Shane! Sounds like you've been super busy! The pics of Anders on Jaideans website are darling! Sooooooo adorable!!!!

Linda said...

Oh my gosh Kari! Anders is gorgeous, and Jaidean did a great job with pictures!!! I can't wait to meet him in person, and see all of you out and about again.

The Butterfields said...

Kari, those pictures are incredible!!! He is SOOO cute, can't wait to meet him!!

Cher said...

Thanks for doing the week-by-week photos. I love these!