Saturday, September 6, 2008

Majors here we come

Today was the beginning of Brian's dreams for Shane, Shane started Lil' Sluggers today. He had been in soccer, but when I asked him what he wanted to take this time, he chose baseball. Brian was so proud of that choice. He actually did pretty good for his first day. This class really teaches baseball skills, so I was pretty impressed. They ran bases, practiced catching fielded balls, and did batting practice. So I guess I will have to learn baseball terminology.




After baseball, we went to a birthday party for our neighbor Mitchell. Shane played for hours with all the "big" kids. I visited with several moms who have 3 and 4 children. It really brought the reality of what our lives are about to become center stage. I can't believe I am going to be a mom of 3, and that I have been pregnant or nursing for over 4 straight years. I am not complaining, I am excited and pretty confident that I will manage. I think I get the confidence from my Grandma who had 5 kids one after another in the 50's, she didn't speak the language well, and my Grandpa was deployed a lot of that time. I think if she could do it without all the modern conveniences and without the support of a mommy group, then I am set. Though stay tuned for the days where I am crying over how tough I think my life is. I know they will come. The baby countdown has begun...9 days till he arrives.

Myann's Wonder Woman costume arrived today, so we had to try it on. The boot covers were a tad big, but otherwise it fit pretty good. Also, the headband was missing, so we will be calling the company to have that sent Monday, but she looked pretty darn cute. She seemed to like it too because she refused to take it off. Hence her rolling around on the floor in it with the puppies.



No comments: