Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My BIG baby boy

Today was Anders' second metabolic screening, so he and I went on our first outing alone. While at the hospital, I popped into the Wellness Place to have him weighed. While waiting in the lobby, Anders pee'd on me. He has hosed me down more times in the past week than Shane and Myann ever did. I think it is because he has outgrown the newborn diapers, but I am determined to finish the pack. Anyway, he weighed a whopping 8 lbs. 14.5 oz. I can't believe he has already surpassed his birth weight and then some. The goal is that babies are at their birth weight by 2 weeks and at 9 days, he has done his job. I think he is going to be our big boy. I told Shane he better watch out because Anders may be bigger than him one day.

This picture is of Anders after his heel stick. He didn't shed a tear, but went to town on the paci. It is only the second time I have let him have it and he had a death grip on it.



As for my other boy, Shane is quite the storyteller these days. He goes on and on with these crazy stories, I love that he has a vivid imagination. Also, Brian and Shane had an hour long theology discussion tonight. Shane is very interested in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, so Brian tried to answer all his questions. Wow are we going to have our work cut out for us if he is already asking some deep questions.

No comments: