Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Maybe going home

I have been cleared to go home today, so now we are waiting to see if Anders gets the go ahead. I am pretty siked since this will be my fastest recovery yet. I did pretty well with the last 2, but this time I have been feeling great and walking around since just hours after the c-section. Since my mom and John are here to help, it makes sense to be at home. If I was going home by myself to 2 kids and a baby, you better believe I would stay here until Friday, which is what my insurance allows.

Shane and Myann were up here again last night and again were soooo good with Anders. Both wanted to see and hold him again. They even started fighting over who got to sit with him. On the way home, Brian said Shane said that he missed his brother and his brother missed him. This morning, apparently Shane asked where I was and Brian told him I was at the hospital. My wonderful sweet boy said that mommy should not be at the hospital by herself. Brian explained that I was not alone and was with Anders and the nurses. That seemed to make him feel better. What a sweetie worrying about his mommy.

As for Anders and I, we had a great night and I got several blocks of 2 hours sleep. I feel quite refreshed. He did great at nursing and then being put down to sleep. Hallelujah! That first night made me nervous that he was going to be my more challenging baby wanting to be held 24/7. On a side note, the hospital I delivered in is Sacred Heart Medical Center, a Catholic Hospital. One really neat thing has been the morning and evening prayers over the loudspeaker. It is quite soothing to hear overhead prayers, just kind of gets your day off to a good start and ends on a great note as well.

Playing with the camera in the hospital room.




No comments: