Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Update




As the weekend comes to an end, I sit here watching Myann spin herself in circles until she gets so dizzy she falls down. Gotta love a girl using her brains... In actuality, Myann has been talking much more these days. She is still infamous for identifying everything as "that". But she is getting better about repeating the correct word when you force her to. Like today at a birthday party she even managed to almost say raspberry. She has been saying her version of blueberry for a while and she definitely knows "cheese". She also regularly terrorizes the puppies by laying on them and then telling them "no" and to "stop it" when they dare get up to avoid her.


Shane has continued to do well pooping on the potty, with only one poopy diaper in 4 days. He is all about the presents he gets when he poops, so that has been motivating. But that is all I will say on the matter, since Brian said I have been talking about poop way too much these past few days.

As for what else has been going on...Thursday night I damaged the good ol' minivan pretty bad, but I was on my way to see Sex and the City and determined to be in a good mood, just ignored it. Seeing how everything Brian and I do these days seems to cost thousands of dollars, I just decided oh well. And by the way, I enjoyed the movie, I cried a lot, but I blame that more on the hormones than the actual movie. Brian got home Friday from Banff and he said he actually saw bears on the side of the road. You know you're not in Texas anymore when you see bears as opposed to cattle on the side of the road. I would have hated to get a flat tire there. Friday night was mommy game night at my house and my team rocked Cranium. Jen wants a rematch and I am all for it. And to think I didn't believe my brain still worked. We had a lot of fun and those kind of nights really keep me sane. Saturday was "butt cold" pardon my dirty mouth. It was insane, we awoke to 40 degrees and raining. I was seriously thinking I wouldn't be surprised to see snow. So I had to call my family in the south and at least hear that they were as miserably hot as I was miserably cold. I layed in front of the fire as long as I could until the need for finishing my errands outdid how cold I was. Brian and I watched a movie once the kids were in bed, We Own the Night, which was not very good, now I know why it didn't last long at the theaters.

2 comments:

Cher said...

Kari:
You should have called me over the weekend. San Diego was perfect blue skies, 75 degrees, with a slight breeze. Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
Miss you!!!
XO, Cher

Aunt Sandy said...

OK so I was in Colombus Ohio on June 8th. It was 89 degrees with 99% humidity. I'd take cold and rainy any day! Thank goodness I'm back home in San Diego!