Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Saturday!!!

Yeeaaa!!! Daddy (Brian) came home today. He has only been gone a few days, but he was gone most of last week too, so we are excited to have him home for a few solid weeks. I am thrilled, the kids have been so excited to see him today, that my clingy kids have left me alone to spend time with him. And Brian went with me to Walmart, since it was right by the airport - this is a milestone and even Brian said he thinks the last time he grocery shopped with me was over 4 years ago in Houston.

Normal day for us, Shane woke up and pooped in the potty again, great start to the day. Then he worked on his puzzle. For those who don't know, Shane is nuts about puzzles. So nuts that for Christmas he got about 20 new ones. We are just now working our way through the last of them. Next we had popcorn and a movie so I could relax for a bit, I know kind of odd for the morning, but sometimes you do what you gotta do to stay sane.

This afternoon Shane has been out on his new scooter, not super new because it was a Christmas gift from the Cross family, but we just put it together a month ago since I didn't think he was ready yet. He has proved me wrong and quickly mastered the scooter and loves to ride, complete with his helmet, he ALWAYS wears his helmet!!! He is kind of anal about wearing his helmet when he rides his bike or scooter, good for us, just a surprise, I thought kids hated wearing helmets. Now Shane is outside making tea in his kitchen, he loves making food and tells me that he can't wait to grow up so he can cook with me. Let me tell you, I look forward to that day as well and pray it actually happens. Other things that Shane can't wait to do when he grows up - drink coffee, eat nuts (though we tell him that he may always be allergic), become a working man (awesome that he already has his dad's fierce work ethic), and drive his truck to work.

As for Myann, she is regularly saying "I Love you" and getting better about remembering her please and thank yous. She also knows most of her main body parts and loves to sing her version of the ABCs. She also doesn't let Shane push her around. He got so frustrated with her the other day that he said he wanted her to go back in my belly. I told him that she was a bit too big for that, plus there was another baby in there. He said his baby brother could come out and put Myann back in. Right now Myann is attempting to say watermelon, it is super cute since she sounds like she has marbles in her mouth when she does it.

Oh yea, one more thing I need to remember, today at Walmart Shane was talking to a lady in line with her dog and she told him the dog's name, Shane asked her what her name was. She told him and then he said "My name is Shane, nice to meet you." We were so proud, he is coming along well in the manners department.

No comments: