Monday, June 30, 2008

Myann milestones

Myann has been learning and showing us what all she knows pretty regularly. We have been quite impressed by her lately. Tonight on tv a show was counting and after they got to 8, Myann yelled out 9. Plus she has been counting 1-2-3 so daddy throws her in the air. This was how daddy taught Shane to count to 20 by 18 months, so Myann will get there soon enough. She seems to have learned left from right and will give you the appropriate foot when asked. She seems to be learning her colors and can normally distinguish between red and blue. She still loves to boss the puppies around and tonight went outside clapping and saying "puppies come in." Myann is a bit bossy, so I think she loves having someone to boss around. She has also been putting 2 and 3 word phrases together, though examples escape me right now. Today she also brought daddy the letter B and said B goes bah. Extra time with daddy while I work seems to be paying off.

She is also learning to chime in on songs and the alphabet when she knows what's next. She can do P and X. Plus she is really trying to repeat her night time prayers. She is loving the itsy bitsy spider right now and can do all the motions.

These are pics of Myann trying to "dress" herself.





As a work count down, I have 2 more inspectional work days left and then I am done. I will still have to work part-time writing and finishing things up, but I am really almost done. I can't believe it is happening. Woohooo!

1 comment:

Tan said...

Kari,

Great posts - I really enjoy reading them and the great little nuggets of your day to day that you seem to pick out to write about. It really makes me feel like I'm living next door to y'all! Keep it up!