Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Done with poop

I'm sure all moms feel this way, but I am so done with poop!!!! Today was filled with it more than usual. With 2 kids, neither of which poop on the potty, and 2 puppies who are learning to poop outside, I am all pooped out. Even outside, I am cleaning puppy poop all day, since we don't want an accumulation since the kids play outside. Call it my science background, but I am ultra paranoid about cleaning up after it. If it hits the carpet, I shampoo the carpet, if it is outside, I scoop it up so the kids or dogs don't step in it. Anyway, this weekend we are working overtime on Shane, I have to get that kid pooping on the potty. He is almost fully pee trained, he does great, just refuses to poop. And Brian is having a tough work week in Banff, note the sarcasm, so I am all alone in the poop fest this week.
Ok, so enough poop. One of the reasons I started this blog was to better capture all the funny things my kids say and do. So here are a few stories before I forget. Today, bad mom that I am forgot to buckle Shane in his car seat. As we are driving down the road, Shane screams, "Mom stop now, I am not buckled in!" I would have stopped, but the highway isn't the best place, so I told him to do the top and we'd make it to the next stop. He then asks if there was a policeman around because he was going to take me to jail. This comes from a scenario a long time ago when Shane was refusing to buckle in and I explained the importance of seatbelts and that mommies and daddies get in big trouble if their kids are not buckled in. And Shane is doing awesome in swimming lessons. He is in the beginner class at the YMCA, and jumped in the pool all by himself today, normally he has to have arms to jump into.



Myann is actually talking a lot these days. Not nearly as verbose as her brother at this age, but she is doing quite well. Yesterday at My Gym she announced Swings when they brought them out and that was a first. The puppies have greatly expanded her vocabulary, she is quick to say no, down, stop, hey, puppies, ruff ruff, and she loves to call them by piercing her lips and making that dog calling sound.

Oh yes and Myann had her 18 month appt yesterday. She is still a bit on the petite side, but she is getting bigger. She was 21.7 lbs and 29.5 inches. 10% on both, which is an improvement from 5% percentile on weight before. We have FINALLY quit nursing, so I assume she will start gaining more weight on whole milk now. She has been taking milk from a cup pretty well for the past couple weeks, so this has been huge. Everyone has heard me groan that I thought she would never quit nursing since she refused milk from a cup.

And now to brag, tomorrow I am getting to spoil myself a bit. I have a massage scheduled, hair cut, and Sex in the City movie with my friend Sandra. I am counting down the hours. I have been getting monthly massages this pregnancy, since lugging two kids around is taking a toll on my back. I am really enjoying this and may have a hard time giving it up.

No comments: