Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back at work

So far I had to work a couple days this week and will be working full time for the next 2 weeks. Shane is in school full time at St. Al's and Myann is split between our babysitter Tina and my friend Kelly. Myann had a lot of fun with Kelly and her son, Zack. I was so relieved and afraid that she would make Kelly dread the coming week. Apparently Myann loved her husband, Jim. That's Myann, she loves her men! Shane is enjoying school and even gets to go to the preK room for a few hours every day. Shane has been refusing naps at school, so rather than him disturbing all the others kids with his incessant talking, they are putting him with the older kids who don't nap. He seems to like going with the "big kids", but evenings around here have been a bit rough, with day after day of no napping. We are shooting for earlier bed times, but since it doesn't get dark until 10 pm around here, he isn't really motivated.

So far so good. The first 2 days weren't bad, maybe because I know this is the last inspection and I can enjoy it for what it is. Hard to believe I will be quitting work soon, I still don't think the reality has sunk in that I won't be working at all. I hope I can pull it off. I really admire my friends who can do day after day with the kids with no breaks. I will at least get some breaks since Shane will still do school two days per week and Myann will even go one day per week next Fall.

Also, I added one of my favorite pictures ever of the kids in the bath that Tina took. They are so adorable!

No comments: