Monday, May 11, 2009

Hiking in our neighborhood

So hiking yesterday inspired us to FINALLY hike the trails behind our house. Yes, we have lived here almost 2 years and never set foot on the trails behind our house that wind through the forest and hills of our neighborhood. It was wonderful. We loaded up the kids and the dogs and went exploring. The trails were great and I'm excited to go further next time. Shane was worn out before we reached the top of the hill, so we went back, since with Brian and I each carrying a kid on our back, carrying Shane was not an option. I also discovered we have another house set back in the woods behind our house, not far at all and I never knew they were there. Crazy.

On to the kids, still no luck getting Myann to sleep in the bunk beds. Last night I thought we were there. I went to check on them 10 minutes after we put them to bed, and it was quiet, so I thought we did it. But no, a few minutes later, Myann came out because she had pooped. After that, she was up and not in to staying in the bed, though Shane was out cold. So back to the crib. We will keep trying. Several people have told us to give up and just convert the playroom, but I know this can be done. Kids share rooms all the time and I have wonderful memories of sharing a room with Alex for years. So we will persevere. Shane begs for her to sleep in his room, so the kids are willing, just not good at falling asleep together yet.

2 comments:

Linda said...

When we first put the girls in their room together, we would put Amber to bed first. Once she finally fell asleep, we would put Susy in there to go to bed. Now, they go to bed together, but maybe that would help for a while at least?

The Butterfields said...

We're working on the same thing, Emma keeps Harry up by jumping on his bed the whole time, we've tried putting Emma down first, but she waits for him and 'fake sleeps." They beg to sleep together, but I usually give up by about 11pm. :( Let me know if you figure out any good tricks!