Friday, May 29, 2009

First Flashback Friday

Oh how my boy has grown. It is really sad how fast you forget what they were like. I look at these pictures of Shane and I can remember what he was like, but they don't seem to match the pictures. He looks like such a baby in these pictures, but he was already so much the person he is today.

These are at the Carlsbad Flower Fields near San Diego - we loved this place. Shane was just getting better at walking and loved the flowers, though he wanted to smell them all and you aren't supposed to cross the barriers and step into the field. We did a few times. Shane was 13 months old.



Right after Myann was born, I enrolled Shane in dance class, but it was really more of a ballet class. He was the only boy and he LOVED it. He did really well too, he was very concerned about doing the moves right. He was 22 months old. In this picture they were jumping over the ponies. Wouldn't Daddy be proud? I wish I could get him into a dance class now, but the "boy" in him has taken over and he thinks dancing is for girls. Myann will have to wait until she is 3, since that is the age for the classes I have found here.


This is the picture I took for Shane's first birthday invitation. He was so sweet and good. His party was farm animal themed with a petting zoo and pony rides. To brag on my boy, he was so verbal that he could say all the animals in the petting zoo, as well as happy birthday and blueberry. It used to be so creepy to see a baby talking. Now, many days I wish he wasn't so verbal.

No comments: