Saturday, September 26, 2009

"You can have my heart"

Oh, the things kids say. Tonight, I was putting Anders to bed while Shane and Myann were downstairs. Again, 5 minutes, seriously it is amazing what happens in five minutes. I came downstairs and Shane said, "Look mom what I did with my stickers." I looked to see 8 stickers stuck to all the drawers on one of my favorite pieces of furniture. I told Shane that I did not like him ruining my stuff and took him upstairs and asked him if he liked it if I broke one of his things. Of course he said no and got upset. It seems like I am cleaning up a lot of messes lately. So I went downstairs to start cleaning all the stickiness off the drawers. Myann then went upstairs. I heard her talking to Shane.

Myann: Shane, did you break moms stuff?
Shane: Leave me alone, Mom broke my heart in a million pieces. (Ouch that hurt, a little dramatic since I didn't even yell, but I guess he did not like me threatening to break his stuff.)
Myann: You can have my heart. (How sweet is that?)
Shane: I don't want your heart.
Myann: Ok, then I will just go give it to mommy.

I felt really bad at this point and had Shane come down to talk, then I felt even worse when he explained that he was trying to make our house beautiful with the stickers. Ah, I felt bad, but we did go on to have a long conversation about where stickers and crayon belong - paper, not my walls or furniture.

No comments: