Monday, September 21, 2009

Britney and more

Yes, I am a fan of Britney Spears. But I am even a bigger fan of time away and time with my family and friends. This weekend was all about me getting a break, and I am so fortunate to get this time away. Anders and I flew into Dallas on Thursday and spent time with my mom and John and my brother and his crew. Friday, one of my closest friends, Tricia, flew in to hang out and go to Britney. We did a little shopping, ate sushi and danced our booties off at the concert. Awesome time! Even ran into Casey, friend/family.

Saturday, we had a mini party for Anders with more family. Thank you to all who came and for the wonderful presents. Then we did another shopping trip, Tricia, Danielle and I. More eating, yummy Latin food for dinner. What a wonderful afternoon/evening with two women who inspire me and just make me happy. Sunday, I had to say goodbye to Tricia, but then met my friend Laura for lunch. Time with Laura is always wonderful, really how is it that I am blessed with so many amazing friends. Then Sunday evening football - my brother is very animated about Cowboys football, so he was my entertainment.



You can see the idea brewing in Anders' head.


He decided to go for it with Grandpa Jo - yep, slapped him with cake.







Monday morning I flew home. Not meaning to make this an acceptance speech, but I have so many people to thank for making this weekend possible. I truly felt refreshed. Thank you to Tina for watching my two older kiddos; thank you to my hubby for understanding that I needed this time away and paying for it :); thank you to my mom for cooking, cleaning, watching Anders, and making sure I did not do anything but have an awesome time; thank you to Bob and Anne for driving up to see us and for playing with Anders; thank you to my stepdad for letting me wear mom out again and for helping too; thank you to my brother and Danielle for giving up their coveted time to just spend time with us; and thank you to Tricia for taking the time and spending the money to join me on a much needed mommy getaway.

No comments: