Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mutton Bustin'

We finally made it to the fair tonight. We thought it would be a good way to celebrate Anders' birthday, though the poor boy did nothing but ride in the stroller and people watch. In true form, he was a perfect angel and happily ate his King Corndog, mom's personal fair favorite, and just watched all the other kids ride the fair rides.

We met up with our friends the Frenches and enjoyed the tag team parenting, which is needed in a crowd. Also, their girls love Anders and just gave him lots of birthday love.

As a special bonus, we ran into my friend Amber and her family, who suggested the kids do Mutton Bustin'. I would have never thought to sign Shane up, but since her boys were doing it and the Frenches were interested, we thought we'd go for it. I honestly did not even know what it was, what a sad Texan I am. I thought it was like calf wrestling, but with sheep. No, the kids are put on sheep like bullriding and hold on for dear life. The goal is 6 seconds, I don't think any lasted 6 seconds. Most fell off right out of the gate. Props to them, because I probably would have fallen off still in the holding cell. Anyway, I had zero expectations for Shane since we didn't know what to tell him to even do. I thought he would fall off right away.

Watch for yourself


Yes, you saw it! My boy lasted about 4 seconds. We didn't get the official time, but that is what I counted. He then won 3rd place for his time. He was pretty proud of himself. Daddy insisted that his time would have been even better if the sheep hadn't headed for the wall. I guess all those piggybacks have paid off.

Thank you to Amber for the awesome video she took of Shane while I took still pictures.

4 comments:

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

YEAH!!!!Way to go Cowboy!!Props to you from San Diego, Ca!

Jaidean said...

That is awesome...totally made me smile!

Unknown said...

Shane looked like he was going for the record! I went OUCH when he finally fell off. GREAT Job, Shane.

Kelly said...

Way to go Shane! Zack has had me play the video 3 times now and is asking me to do it again. Thanks for sharing!