Saturday, December 20, 2008

Uncle GG is brave

Today Uncle GG (my Uncle George) took Shane and Myann to the Houston Zoo. I drove them into town and dropped them off at his house with the diaper bag and instructions to have fun and call if he needed anything. Uncle GG had not a worry in the world, until everyone kept telling him how brave he was to take both kids alone. I don't think Brian has ever taken both kids out in public alone. However, our kids are usually well behaved with others, so I wasn't too worried. I warned George that he probably should bring them back by 2 or 3 since Myann would become unpleasant if she missed her nap in entirety. I then headed off with Anders to meet up with Brian's mom to coordinate for Anders' baptism party the following day.

Around 3, Uncle GG brought them home and said they had a great day with only one meltdown when Shane got his shoes dirty. I would call that a great success!!! Shane still talks about his outing a year ago with Uncle GG, when he took Shane to the Children's Museum and Shane milked a fake cow and rode the train. I love that my kids are building these types of memories with Uncle GG like I did as a child. When I was 12, Uncle GG flew me by myself to Houston for my birthday, took me shopping at Macy's, and then to see the Nutcracker. This was the first of many specials outings with Uncle GG. I love you Uncle George!!!

No comments: