Sunday, December 7, 2008

Benadryl Smenadryl

For those who don't know, all 5 us will be flying to Texas for the holidays. Since 3 small children on an airplane is a bit intimidating, we decided to test out the infamous Benadryl trick. We have never done that before and are actually very anti-drug in this house. But Myann is a challenge on the airplane, and since we will be outnumbered, we really need them to sleep when they are tired. So, tonight we tested Myann on Benadryl and Shane begged for medicine too, he said his eye hurt. So we decided to dose them both and see what happened. That was at 6:30 pm, so we waited with eager anticipation...and nothing happened. Maybe we were a bit overzealous and expected to see our children topple over and face plant on the ground from exhaustion. Needless to say, that did not happen. However, as we got them into bed at 7:15 pm, there was little argument and both were quiet soon after we shut their doors. Myann usually plays for a while. So...maybe it helped, not sure. I don't think it will help enough on the plane, Myann will need something more to encourage her to sleep. So now I will try Triaminic, it was recommended, we'll see.

After the kids went to bed, I began my cookie making. We are doing a cookie swap tomorrow and I decided to make Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies.

See previous post about my wonderful Aunt Ouija making the peppermint bark for me.

They are pretty good, but I think I am still partial to Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies.

On another note, I did yoga today, or rather, I tried to do yoga today. It was HARD!!! I am not new to yoga, I did it pretty regularly several years ago, so I thought I would do ok. So I have zero flexibility left. It was terrible. Agewise, I was in the younger half and the elder half were making me look really bad as they did all the poses with ease and I could barely touch my toes. That said, I feel so much better now and my muscles feel much looser. I will be doing it again - look out Madonna!

1 comment:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Go you for doing Yoga! I feel as though I'm fairly athletic, but yoga kicks my butt! It uses muscles my body doesn't know how to use. Good luck!