Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aunt Ouija Visits

As a special treat, my Aunt Ouija was in town for a few days. She is my dad's youngest sister and was here working. She came and stayed with us Thursday and Friday night. We didn't get to do much sightseeing, but she was able to get great quality time with the kids, though that time was spent with pretty rotten kids. Shane had the worst tantrum in a while and Myann was not feeling very good after her 2 year shot. Aunt Ouija is a grandma and was wonderful with the kids. So calm and patient. She taught me a thing or two about handling the kids.



Friday night, we left Aunt Ouija and Tina to watch the kids while Brian and I went to his work Christmas party. The party was fun, though I always laugh that we finally get a break from kids and then spend most of the time talking about our kids. Though we did pick up a new parenting trick, washing the kids mouth out with soap when they talk back. I recall my parents using it for cursing, but talking back has been a major problem in our house and we are desperate for ideas to curb it. Update: Brian tried it on Shane Sunday and Shane told me he did not like it at all - we'll see if it makes him think twice the next time.

So Costco had the most amazing chocolate peppermint bark, but sold out last week. I am really upset because I need it for cookies I am baking for our cookie exchange. I even complained to the cashier when she told me they would not make anymore this year. How can they not make more when they sold out of Christmas bark before December even began? Ridiculous!!! Anyway, my Aunt Ouija is wonderful. As a surprise, while we were at the party, she went and bought the supplies and made me homemade chocolate peppermint bark. She did a great job, because it tasted a lot like the Costco kind. SO now I have my bark for cookies. Thank you Aunt Ouija. She also went and bought me supplies to make some hearty winter soups. Have I mentioned before that I come from a wonderful family!

Saturday before Aunt Ouija had to fly out, we went by the Davenport Hotel to check out their Christmas decorations and enter the tree raffle. Last year I was convinced we would win one of the prizes, not sure why since I never win anything, and of course we didn't, but we entered again this year. Maybe, just maybe we will win this year.

Picture of Aunt Ouija with Myann and Shane at the Davenport

No comments: