Thursday, December 18, 2008

Texas - we have arrived

So we made it to Texas and have begun to settle in. We are staying at Grandpa Jo's and Grandma Anne's.

Tonight, I left Shane and Myann home with the grandparents, while Anders and I drove 90 minutes to Schulenburg, TX to meet my friend Tricia and her son, Xavier, who I had not met yet. It was a meeting of the big boys. We ate at the local Smokehouse, not only were our children the only kids in the restaurant, Tricia and I were the only people under 50 in the place. Let's just day I was really nervous about nursing, and pretty sure the other people weren't thrilled by it either. Oh well, the babies' gotta eat. Both boys were cooperative, so Tricia and I actually got to chat and catch up.



Upon returning to Houston, I was in for a fun late evening. Shane has been fighting bedtime. Well tonight, we "thought" he was in bed. I walked by his room and the door was part open and I got a whiff of a strong sweet smell. I opened the door and could tell something was on the carpet. I turned on the light, looked by the head of the bed and saw the carpet was SOAKED with bright colored sesame street bath soap. Shane had dumped out 3 large bottles of colored, kids bath gel on the carpet. I was appalled and Grandma Anne was less than thrilled. I spent the next 2 hours using a carpet shampooer to suck all the soap out of the carpet. It finally worked, but took a lot of sweat and tears. To make matters worse, my rotten child kept unplugging the shampooer while I was doing it. It is a wonder he lived to see the next morning.

No comments: