Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Normal Tuesday

Shane definitely takes after Brian and I, but this morning he was ALL Brian. As I got ready this morning, Shane came in to the bathroom buttoning up a dress shirt. Before I could say a word, he said "Mom I'm getting dressed in nice clothes so that I look handsome. You like when I wear nice clothes for the day." First, Shane does not like dress shirts, so I knew something was up. I immediately knew he had pee'd in the bed, because he will hide his pee clothes and get new clothes. He was trying to divert my focus off his accident. This was all Brian because there is a story of Brian in high school where he stayed out all night. When he came home in the morning, he saw his dad awake in the kitchen, so he went to the garage and got out painting supplies and started painting the garage. He hoped his dad would think he woke up early to paint and not that he was just getting home from the night. Hmmm, I think Brian and I have our work cut out for us.

I don't know why I ever worried about Myann talking, or not talking. She talked much later than Shane, but now that girl will not be quiet. The entire car ride home tonight she was repeating what I said for emphasis. I was discussing with Shane about being mean to friends and how we should treat people. Myann kept saying, "You should be nice Shane, don't hurt feelings Shane, Are you listening Shane, Mommy said be nice Shane." Then she kept narrating the ride, "Mommy we are home, mommy are you checking the mail, Mommy I will help you check the mail, mommy is daddy home, mommy are the puppies home, etc." So, I think she has mastered talking.

Anders loves his mommy and I love that. I will put him down now under an activity mat and he swings at the toys. But the moment I come close and start talking to him, he gets the biggest smile and gets so excited. Mommy is better than a toy, how awesome is that!!! It is a simple reminder that all my kids need time with me more than a movie or tv or toys.

Myann "dressing" in Daddy's underwear, this is why I put girlie dress up clothes on her birthday list.

No comments: