Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend is over

Saturday morning started with a rush to get out the door to our favorite breakfast place, Chap's. It was a bit cold for eating outside, but we braved the cold and ate fast. Then we went to a friend/coworker of Brian's house, Nolan. He wanted to get Japanese garden tips from my dad. His property and landscaping is gorgeous, and the fall colors were remarkable, I am pretty mad at myself for not taking pictures. I did tell him that I would love to take family pictures there one day, it is that impressive.

Later in the afternoon was our Mommy and Me Group Halloween Party. The kids had a wonderful time. Shane ran and played the whole time, so I rarely saw him. Myann was obsessed with the stage and kept disappearing, so I spent much of my time chasing her around. Anders slept. We unfortunately didn't get to enjoy the food, because we had dinner plans.


Myann loving her icing, sorry no pictures of Shane because he never quit moving


Myann being bossy


We had to leave the party early to go to The Pumpkin Ball. It is a formal charity event for Sacred Heart Children's Hospital and Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery. Shell sponsored a table, so we had tickets to go. Though I was not too excited about putting on a dress, 5 weeks after giving birth, this was our first formal charity event, so I was curious what it would be like. Plus I have been wanting to volunteer at Vanessa Behan anyway, so this would give me a little more insight. Coincidentally, I met two woman on the board and they offered to give me a personal tour and were insistent that I get involved, so it looks like I may do that in the near future. The evening turned out to be a lot of fun, we were there with some coworkers of Brian's, Sandra (Todd got sick, so she picked up Nolan as a date), Tina and her husband Ben.

Anders woke up this morning a baby, infant stage is all over. After changing his diaper I let him lay on the floor. He was smiling, looking around, and kicking his legs. Now if he'd only sleep through the night, I know, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Myann has been singing the ABC's for the past couple weeks, and she is gradually getting better and more understandable. She gets lots of practice by singing to Anders when he cries, that is what I used to sing to her when she cried. And her newest, not enjoyable phrase is "I don't WANT to." Major emphasis on the word "want" so it contains major attitude. She said that most of the Sears picture day and many times today.

No comments: