Friday, October 3, 2008

My baby girl is in Texas

Thursday was a fun day out at Riverfront Park. We took Grandma Jo and Uncle Shane around to all our favorite places: the garbage goat, red wagon, carousel, and lots of duck feeding. That evening we had dinner out at Anthony's, only took Anders, who slept the whole time. Gotta love that boy!

Today was a sad day for mommy. I had to pack up a suitcase for Myann to go with daddy back to Texas. Tomorrow is Grandpa Jo's 60th birthday, so daddy and Myann went to surprise him in Houston. I can write this now, because they have arrived and Grandpa should have seen his surprise by now. I am excited for Myann to get showered with attention from lots of family and to have some alone time with daddy, but 5 days away is really hard for me. To keep Shane from feeling left behind, Grandma Jo and I took him to Chuck E Cheese and almost 3 hours later (I know, a long time at CEC) we went for ice cream at Cold Stone. Shane of course got gummy bears in his ice cream, his only mix in for the past 6 months. After coming home he requested a movie before bed, Grandma Jo obliged. He later told Grandma Jo he was a lucky guy for the good day he had.

Other funny Shaneisms today:
1) Grandma Jo told him to smile so she could take a picture and text it to Aunt Sunny who was sick and needed to be cheered up. Shane then said, "Maybe she is dead or something". Rather morbid but funny still.
2) I told him I had a coupon for Chuck E Cheese and would get 80 tokens today, he then said very enthusiastically, "You are the best mom ever!"
3) After eating his ice cream and even drinking the melted ice cream out of the bowl, he said, "My gummy bear ice cream was not good, I need another one."
4) Shane took a picture of me with Grandma Jo's phone and said "I need you to send this to Harry's mom." Gma Jo says, "I don't know Harry's mom" Shane says, "That's ok, I do". This is a shout out to you Jenn B., Shane was thinking of you.
5) On the way home from ice cream, we were talking about Anders and Shane said he and his brother were the same people, not sure what that meant, but he continued to talk about having a brother. Then Shane says "I need another girl." He still has not let this go, he really wants me to have another baby. I asked him what was wrong with Myann, his response "She's crazy."



Myann and Shane's favorite movie right now is Aladdin. Myann calls it the Genie movie. We talked Shane into letting Myann take it on the plane, quite the sacrifice.

1 comment:

The Butterfields said...

Yay!! Harry actually talked about Shane last night too- he wore his superman jammies and calls them his "I-have-superpowers-like-shane-if-I pee-on-the-potty-pajamas!"