Friday, October 24, 2008

Popi has arrived

Tuesday night Popi arrived. The kids were super excited to see him Wednesday morning, but I think Katie and Maddox have loved his visit the most. Those puppies lay all over him every chance they get.

Wednesday we took the kids to school so my dad and I could do our normal father/daughter bonding - shopping at the BX and Commissary at Fairchild. I know, kind of bizarre, but we like to do it and managed to spend almost 4 hours there. Anders slept most of the time, until the last 20 min, where I walked around rocking him. Just enough time to be called chubby by several passing ladies. But I guess chubby does describe him these days.

Thursday morning was an act of teamwork as we (Tina, my dad, and I) tried to take Halloween pictures of the kids at Sears. Shane was pretty cooperative, but Myann was not interested at all. Anders was wonderful and just sat there waiting on his siblings to get with the program. We managed to get photos of the 3 together, even if they weren't smiling, they were all in close proximity and looking at the camera - in my book, that is success. So what if it took an hour.



Today Shane worked out in the yard with Popi the entire afternoon...collecting sticks, picking up rocks, and chopping down baby pine trees. The last one was not what Popi wanted, but Shane was very proud, so Popi let it go.

Funny kid things:
Shane likes the new show, Sid the Science Kid, I do too - A LOT. Anyway, it is educational and has some awesome music. I really like the song Sid sings on the way to school and now Shane sings it and makes up his own words. Last night we were picking out plants at a nursery and Shane was singing, "I like my mom, uh huh, uh huh, she is so cool, uh huh, uh huh, I like my mom cause she's my mom uh huh, uh huh." It was so cute, great beat too.

Myann has really begun to really like books. She has always liked doing the babyish board books and looking at pictures or lifting flaps, etc. But I just noticed in the past few weeks, that she likes longer books and she listens to the whole book. She used to get bored after a few pages and demanded a different book.

Oct. 23rd Anders took his first bottle like a champ! Which means I can actually be away from him for more than 2 hours.

2 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

We love Sid the Science Kid too! The boys pick up so much from that show! Love the Halloween picture! Cute costumes!

Kelly said...

I love that picture Kari, adorable!! I wish I could get Zack's picture taken...period! Kudos to you for getting all three in there. You have such great kids!