Monday, October 6, 2008

New breed of man

I thought it was impossible, but I gave birth to a new breed of man. Not Anders, but Shane. This week Shane has shown a skill that I have known no man to have mastered before. Shane likes and is capable of changing out the roll of toilet paper. I know, a MIRACLE!!! Now every time he sees an empty roll he rushes to change it out. Of course, he has another motive, I convinced him that the empty rolls were pirate spiers, so he is always eager to get a new pirate spier. But heh, he could just take the empty roll and leave it as most men do, but Shane actually puts on a new roll. I am living the high life.

Yesterday we took Grandma Jo to the airport, and we were sad to see her go. Thanks Grandma Jo for all your help this week. To keep Shane from getting down about all his guests leaving, our friends (Todd, Sandra, James, and Bree) had us over for breakfast and play time. We had a wonderful time. Shane played for almost 5 hours with James, and I was able to enjoy a wonderful breakfast prepared by Sandra and adult conversation with her and Todd. The rest of the day was spent lounging at home and an early bedtime for Shane.

Today we had a playdate at our house. Again, trying to keep Shane preoccupied, and I need the distraction to not miss Myann so much, and Brian I guess.:) We always love having our friends over, we have some really wonderful friends here. Shane did not nap, the low of the day, but he played well until the evening meltdowns began. Both mine and his. I really miss his napping, I miss the quiet time, but the trade off has become that he goes to bed earlier. When he does nap, I have to chase him back to bed until 10 or 11pm.

Today is also Anders' 3 week birthday. He is quite the big boy. The morning must have worn him out because he has been sleeping all afternoon, waking briefly to eat and then back to sleep. And today Anders' umbilical cord finally came off.


No comments: