Friday, October 10, 2008

Kids are in a mood

Just as I am enjoying my new status as SAHM, I have kids going through not fun stages. Myann came home from Texas spoiled and not pleasant. She has been grumpy and clingy, not a good combo. Nothing like holding a little girl who keeps slapping you. I'm assuming it is just because of all the changes and travel and she just needs to adjust, let's hope. Shane has been having an unusually large number of temper tantrums. Again, not sure if it is just because he is 3, and 3 has been a tough age, or if it is the new baby thing. Again, we are doing our best, but this is exhausting and I hope passes sooner than later.

I guess you call this regression.



Myann and Brian had a great time in Texas, though Brian was not so happy with her on the flight home, Brian said she screamed and kicked for the entire 2 hours of the first flight. Because she was without Shane, our family was able to see the Myann that few get to, a talkative, silly girl who loves to entertain and demand attention. She also bonded with Brian's cousin Tommy, and has continued to ask for him since she came home. This morning as soon as we got to Mobius, she put her hands up and said, "Where's Tommy?"

In between tantrums, Shane manages to still be funny. After a rough morning, I told Shane I needed peace and quiet, and he told me, "Well I need peace and loud". Then tonight we heard a loud noise coming from the stairs, and found Shane "sledding" down the stairs on his tents. Not the safest, but he was entertained for 30 minutes.




Last night Tina took us all out to her family friend's pumpkin patch. The selection this year was nothing compared to last year, last year it was hundreds of pumpkins everywhere and we came home with over 40. This time we had to really search for decent ones. I think it wasn't a good crop year because there were lots of green ones. Tina is a determined pumpkin searcher, so we still managed to come home with 25 or so, many a little small, but perfect for Shane and Myann.





Daddy offroading the minivan through the pumpkin patch.

No comments: