Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Alex!


Happy Birthday to my big brother. Every year seems like such a blessing with you. Every year is a blessing with our loved ones, but it is a miracle you are here today, so your birthday is a reminder to me to really cherish this time and tell you how much I love you. Every time I see Myann and Shane together, I think of you. The good and the bad, when they fight I see us 25-30 years ago, when they hug and kiss and giggle, I see us too. We had a special bond, we shared every experience, good and bad together. You are all I remember, you had 2 years before me, but I have never known a day in my life without you and I hope I never do. You have become such a wonderful man, father, and uncle. I love seeing you with my kids, you are like a big kid and your love just oozes. Normally you are Mr. Cool, Mr. GQ, but when you are around Lexi or Austin, Shane or Myann, you turn into the goofiest most fun loving man, and I just smile. I'm sure that is one of the reasons Danielle loves you, it definitely makes you lovable. I'm sorry we can't be together to celebrate, but I'm thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful day. Your little sis, Kari

This photo is for you, may it bring your Cowboys luck.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Kari,

Thank you for your Birthday Greeting. Life is a blessing and I am thankful for everyone in my life especially you. I was very fortunate to have a sister who didn't put up with my ego and always kept me grounded. You helped show me how to respect women and why you are so special. I, too, can't help, but to think about how we fought, stood up for each other, and shared moments of amazing growth.
You have become the wife and mother that I always knew you would. I only wish we could see Shane, Myann, and Anders more often, but I guess I will settle for your blog for now.

Thanks Again
Your Brother,
Alex