Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Shane's First Field Trip

Today was a day of firsts, Shane went on his FIRST school field trip. Those brave teachers walked them 2 blocks to the city bus stop and then they waited for their bus and caught the bus downtown to Mobius. Then they did the same trip back to school. The teachers said it went well and the kids had a good time. Shane was very excited this morning before school and insisted that I needed to go with him because it could be a special day with mommy. I told him this day was special because it was without mommy and was his chance to be a big boy. Mommy goes with him to Mobius all the time, so that would be no big deal. After I picked him up from school he acted like it was no big deal.

So while Shane was at school, Myann and I didn't have anywhere to be today so I decided to get out crafts for her and I to do. She immediately took interest in the markers. She proceeded to write all over her hands and face with markers. No big deal right, they're washable. WRONG! She grabbed the bag of nonwashable and I didn't think to check first. I didn't even realize it until I tried to wipe the markers off her hand and it didn't come off. We scrubbed and the color faded slightly, but she was still covered in marker for her nap. Luckily we don't have to go anywhere tomorrow so she can hide out with Tina at home while I go to work. I guess eventually it will wash off.




And as for the past few days...Sunday we recovered from the trip and unpacked. Shane and I briefly went to the market and I had to drive Brian's big truck. The whole time Shane kept telling me to "Power the truck". Which to him means to rev the engine or go heavy on the gas. I won't do either, I am nervous enough in that truck. So then Shane said, "Only boys can power trucks, girls just drive vans." He is all about what boys and girls can do right now. Monday we had a playdate at Millwood Park. The kids love it there. We stayed late because they were doing so well. Tuesday Shane had school and Myann had My Gym.

Myann at Millwood, thinking the paparazzi found me again.



Tonight I got to unwind at our HOA meeting. Brian was too sick and stayed home. The meeting was informative and we met some more of our neighbors and visited more with those we have met. We really live in a wonderful neighborhood with people who look after you. It is also full of young families, which helps a lot. So after the official business ended we stayed for hours and socialized, a nice evening for me.

No comments: