Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

So let's see, it has been about a week since I posted. Wednesday July 2nd was my last inspection day!!!! Talk about a huge relief to be done and I spent a good part of the afternoon on the phone with friends, I had been out of touch for a while. Of course, because of the new hands free law here, I had to pull into a Sonic to talk, so I loitered there for about an hour before ordering. We will be getting bluetooth ASAP. I am lost without talking on the phone in the car, I know a bad habit, but with kids, the car is the only time to have a meaningful conversation. As for Sonic, I promptly ordered a burger. I had good reason though. I just found out I am anemic this pregnancy. Mind you, I have never been anemic before, but I also consumed several Carl's Jr. burgers a week with the previous pregnancies and ate red meat daily. I consequently gained a ton of weight with those pregnancies. This time, I have been trying to be better, so I have been eating a lot more pork, chicken, and salmon, it has helped a little with the weight gain, but now I'm anemic, so back to red meat I guess. Brian read the side effects of anemia, of which irritability is one. Brian insisted I take the iron supplement and eat more red meat, since in his opinion, I have been very irritable. Whatever, I don't think I have been that irritable, except he and the kids do seem to make me pretty crazy these days. Maybe that is the irritability, I'll let you know in a week if the iron supplement helps me be more tolerable of Brian - feel free to place your odds.

So Thursday, Tina (babysitter and my sanity on Thursdays) accompanied us to see Kung Fu Panda. I need extra help since Myann usually won't last more than 45 minutes and I wanted Shane to see the whole thing. Fortunately we were the only ones in there, so after Myann was done, she had free reign to run the theater. She must have done the loop around the stairs 5 times. Then her and Shane both ran up to the space in front of the screen and acted out Kung Fu scenes on one another. Whatever, they were happy, so mom was happy. Hopefully they won't think this is acceptable behavior the next time.




Big girl eating her own popcorn!



Friday we went out to our friends Blaine and Pam, who have a lake house in Coeur d'Alene. It is a beautiful house on the water. The kids played on the trampoline in the water and we all took turns on the jet skis. Yes, even I jet skied, I had never done it before and was not going to miss an opportunity, though I never took it over 10 mph. Shane and Myann went out with Brian and loved it. Shane even manipulated his way into extra rides with Blaine and Blaine Jr. For fireworks, all the surrounding lake houses basically compete for best show, so we just sat there watching thousands of dollars in fireworks going off all around us. Even Brian got in on the lighting action. Fabulous, having several drunk men lighting explosives, but thankfully no one got hurt. It was a late night and by 11:30pm we were finally heading home. Shane has been asking to go back to Blaine's house now for the past 2 days. Obviously they had fun.









And lastly, this morning was too cute as Myann was playing do everything big brother does. Even it consists of just kicking the couch.

No comments: