Monday, July 21, 2008

San Diego July 17th - Evening from HE!!

Thursday was the big day, the day I cleaned out my office in San Diego!!! Not too many boxes to go through since I brought a lot with me, but there was plenty and I shredded for hours, it was rather cathartic. I also visited with coworkers, said my goodbyes and turned in my keys. Wow that was awesome. And where were the kids you ask, with Mahro, their babysitter from before. She was thrilled to see them and obviously surprised by how much they changed in the year. Mahro had Shane since he was 3 months old, so he remembered her well and didn't miss a beat. I don't think Myann quite remembered her since she only went to her part time for 5 months, but she was very comfortable with her, so there must have been some recognition.

So after my day of work, we went to play at Britta's house. The kids had not yet napped that day and continued to play hard with Britta, are you seeing where this is going. From Ginger and Brittas, we went to Cheeburger Cheeburger (best milkshakes in town) to meet Aunt Sandy and Cheryl for dinner. The kids ate late at Mahros, so we skipped the real food and just got them milkshakes. Sleepy cranky kids and milkshakes - not my smartest moment. Plus Shane was having overactive bladder so we took several trips to the bathroom and Myann couldn't be soothed by anyone but Ginger. Myann was content with her milkshake briefly and then decided ripping the straw out would be much more fun, so there she went flinging milkshake across me, herself, Aunt Sandy, and likely everyone around us, though I was too busy cleaning up our area to look around us. Within minutes, Shane had gotten my milkshake and flung it to the floor - there goes more mess. So with the whining, crying, and huge mess, I could not get out of there fast enough. Of course, as soon as we exit the restaurant, Shane and Britta starting running circles, Shane is so deliriously tired that he is in super hyper mode. Real fun let me tell you. We get them to the car, thank you God that I had help, and literally within 3 minutes both kids were passed out. Upon arriving at the rented house, I had the fun task of hoisting 2 sleeping kids up a flight of stairs to their rooms. Brian, coworkers and Grandma Jo and Richard were out having a fun adult evening at the Birdrock street festival. Luckily the owners of the house stopped by for something and offered to help carry Myann up the stairs, so I only ended up carrying Shane. I quickly got the kids in pjs and off to bed. Thankfully the kids were so exhausted that they slept through the VERY loud concert going on outside our window as part of the street festival. I put in a movie and read magazines until I felt human again. The evening was redeemed when Grandma Jo returned and saw that I had obviously had a rough evening so she offered to give me a day off on Friday as they took the kids alone to the zoo. I don't even think I took a breath before quickly saying yes and thank you. My mind quickly went to work planning out my day.

No comments: