Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Wednesday!

This week has been pretty normal, nice normal, busy normal. I have been trying to spend lots of time with the kids to make up for working the past couple of weeks. We have done lots of fun playdates with the Mommy and Me group, like Millwood Park Monday and Jump and Bounce today. Then today I loaded up BOTH kids and took them to my 30 week OB appointment. I was a bit nervous, but it went great. Myann didn't care for mommy having her blood pressure taken and when it came time to listen to the baby's heartbeat, Dr. Smetana put Myann on the table with me since she started crying. Not a good sign of how Myann will do with me in the hostpial for a few days once the baby boy does arrive. But both kids were great and were competing to talk to the doctor. She is so kind that she actually sat there listening for a good 5 minutes. Oh and Shane was obsessed with peeing in the cup when it was time for him to go to the bathroom, after seeing mommy leave her routine urine sample. It took some coaxing to get him to just go normal.

Funny things Myann did today, besides parroting everything Shane said. She was climbing into the movie cabinet on the fireplace wall and fell down. She looked up and said "I fell down". Shane and I both started laughing since it was so matter of fact and a full sentence at that. Then later I was bending over and my daughter pulled out the back of my waistband, looked down my pants and said "No poop". How sad that she thinks that is normal behavior.

As for our other babies, Katie and Maddox passed their invisible fence training with flying colors. For those who don't know, we have the invisible fence at our house, so the puppies can roam free on the 3 acres. I was a bit skeptical at first, but they really don't go past the blue flags. And in a couple more weeks, we can even take the blue flags down. The trainer even challenged them today with another dog and they did not leave the area. What smart puppies we have. And next week they are going off to training school, so hopefully they will be even more wonderful puppies.

2 comments:

Tan said...

Was Thor as a name Brian's?

Kari Johansen said...

Tan, what do you think? most definitely!