Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Drawing a blank

So what have we been up to, I'm drawing a blank. I can't believe it has been a week.
Duh just realized why the week was a blur, Brian was sick for all of last week and then I started feeling bad too.

Thursday, our mommy group went to Tomato Street for a tour of the restaurant. They did an excellent job and it certainly is a kid friendly place, we'll be back. Shane had his first taste of soda, root beer, to be exact, and let's just say he didn't want to let it go. I literally had to pry it out of his hands as we left the restaurant.



Friday I had a horrible headache and Brian was still sick, so the 4 of us hid out in the house. Except I did finally take Shane to the doctor for his horrible diaper rash, it had been on and off for a week, and by Friday I decided it was enough. Thank goodness because it turned out he had a rectal strep infection, so he was put on his first antibiotics ever. He loves the stuff and reminds me morning and night when it is time to take his medicine. I'm glad, because I keep forgetting.

Saturday our mommy group did a Family picnic at the park and we dressed in our American pride best. Kim brought a tremendous amount of ice cream, so the kids were in paradise. Shane talked about Kim's ice cream for the next several days. What can I say, they take after me in their love of ice cream.



Yes the kids have blue hair, we tried to be festive, but that stuff is like tar. Hard to put in and even harder to wash out.



Sunday, I tried to send myself into labor. Not really, but I was worried for a while there. We decided it was time to finally clear all the weeds and brush off the front acre of our property. We borrowed our neighbor's brush cutter, so Brian ran that for hours. I had the task of picking up the large weeds and clearing the sidewalk, and then pulling the small weeds out of our yard. So while the kids napped, Brian and I worked our hineys off. My neighbor, Heather, said I was a sight, a big old pregnant lady hunched on the ground pulling up weeds. So I didn't go into labor, but my back was horrible, I didn't walk upright the rest of the evening. But it was worth it, the area looks SOOOO much better and now the neighbors can't complain. Plus we can actually see the puppies when they run through the field.

Monday, I had my 32 week OB appt. Heather, neighbor, watched Shane while Myann and I went to the doctor. Myann did much better this time and didn't cry when they checked my blood pressure or listened for the heartbeat. She even kissed my belly and patted my belly saying baby.

Tuesday I went to work while Heather watched both kids. Both kids love it at her house. Heather has two sweet boys a few years older than Shane and he loves playing with them. The work countdown has begun. The official quit day is now Sept 13th, but I'm hoping to be mostly done by mid Aug, and from there it will just be tying up loose ends. Let's pray.

And on a side note, my dear friend Tricia welcomed her baby boy into the world on July 28th, Xavier Ali Martinez. He is a cutie and doing wonderfully.

No comments: