Thursday, July 10, 2008

Myann's First haircut

Today we took Myann to get her first haircut at the Hair Zoo in Post Falls, ID. As Brian said, a little far for a haircut, but it is the only decent kids one around and I wanted her to have a good first experience. She did awesome. We had Shane go first so she could watch him and see it was no big deal. Shane did awesome as always. He just played with his toys and let her buzz away. We went a little short for him today, but thought it was a good idea with the hot weather and San Diego trip next week. He really cheezed it up when I told him I had to take pictures of him because he was so handsome. Next came Myann...she didn't care for the drape around her, so off it went. She had no issues with the scissors and let the lady cut away. That shocked me, since she won't let me near her with a comb half the time. Because I didn't want the mullet look or her hair much shorter, we did a tiny trim. Mostly just gave her true bangs, out of her eyes, and then a trim all the way around. After, she got a ponytail and glitter spray. Quite the beauty!!! And I do think her hair looks a bit thicker now.






What a pretty girl, she even got glitter spray in her hair. And then waited patiently for her sucker.



So as a reward for being so good, we went to Dairy Queen for lunch. By the way, before the haircut we were supposed to try out a siblings class at My Gym, but I'm a dingbat and got the time wrong, so we showed up as it was ending. Tina was going to take the kids, while I ran some errands. Oh well we just went for haircuts early and then had time for Dairy Queen, so I thought. We spent over an hour in DQ. Definitely a record for me. It takes so long waiting for 2 kids to eat enough food to justify dessert and then it is a race to see if the kids actually eat the ice cream before it melts. Thankfully Tina was there, so she helped contain the mess. It still didn't stop Myann from flinging a basket of food, complete with ketchup and fry sauce all over me. So I guess they were good before DQ, not so good there, but then again, it was past nap time, so I can't really blame them.

On the way home, Tina suggested she could take the kids up to the north Costco one day to feed the marmots that hang out by the store. She told Shane and he very seriously replied, "You can't take us to feed the marmots, baby and I are people, not food, you can't feed us to them." After laughing hysterically, Tina and I explained that they would feed the marmots bread like when we feed ducks. Geesh, that kid is literal.

1 comment:

Kim said...

So clearly the kids hair place in Post Falls is WAY nicer than the Kids Kutt!! I'm seriously considering make the drive out there for Preston's next haircut.
And so cute that Shane not only takes things so literally, but he refers to Myann as "baby"!!

Kim