Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday funnies

My kids never cease to crack me up.

This morning as we were driving down the street Myann said, "Wow, look at all the tree limbs and dead trees. Oh I know why, kids around here are using too many paper towels." It took me a second to understand, but the I realized what she meant. The night before there was a wind storm and rain so a bunch of limbs had been knocked out of trees to the ground. My kids are notorious for washing their hands and drying them with paper towels. I always say, don't use paper towels you are killing trees. Use the kitchen towel to dry clean hands. Myann took my statement literally. This poor child envisioned that every time she used a paper towel, some tree was dying in our neighborhood, rather than a tree had to die in order to make her paper towels. A good morning laugh.

At dinner, I was washing dishes as Shane finished eating. I heard him choking and he said, "Mom, aren't you proud of me? I did not throw up. I was gagging, but then I took three deep breaths and stopped gagging." My response, "Well why were you gagging?" Shane, "Mom, sometimes your cooking makes me gag." Brian and I exchanged glances and we both started cracking up. I should be offended, but sometimes I try new things and they do not turn out so well. I refuse to waste food, so the whole family has to eat it anyway. Last night was one of his favorites, so not sure why he was gagging.

1 comment:

Tina and Robin said...

LOL! haha those are great! Myann and Shane! Miss you guys!