Friday, March 25, 2011

Anders' Houston trip

Brilliant Grandma Jo suggested last year that when Brian went to Houston for work trips, he should bring a kid with him. Since Shane is in school, that leaves Myann and Anders. Myann went last fall, so now it was Anders' turn. I had a bit of a hard time parting with him since he is still such my baby, but I knew he would love and deserved some one on one time. Anders does not know a world without two older siblings always around, so I am curious to hear how he handled it. So far I know they have kept him busy with some fun activities. We skyped for a while last night and he seemed to be enjoying himself. In fairness to me, Brian said he does miss his mommy. The first night there he kept asking to talk to me.
For some add reason he keeps telling everyone, "Mommy told me no candy. She won't give me candy." Later he said, "I need to call mommy." Brian asked why and Anders said, "Because I need to tell her something!"

I took these off Aunt Sunny's facebook page:
We took Anders (2 1/2 yrs. old) to the Oil Ranch in Houston. While there, I pointed out a Peacock. Later, I asked Anders: What did we see yesterday? Anders response: We saw cows and baby goats and a "cock pee". ME: We saw WHAT? Anders: We saw a cock pee! ....What have I taught my nephew?!!!! I am slightly concerned that if he repeats this at school, CPS may show up at my door. :)

My nephew asks me, "Aunt Sunny, you love me?" I answer, "Of course, Anders, I love you more than I could love anything." Anders: "Why, Aunt Sunny?" Me: "I love you, Braxton, Shane, and Myann because you are my nephews and niece and you make me so incredibly happy!" Anders: "Ohhhh? Because we are so cute?" :)....If I loved them any more, my heart could possibly explode.

No comments: