Saturday, March 12, 2011

Silver Mountain Water park

Today we went to Kellogg, Idaho for a a couple of friends' birthday party at the water park at Silver Mountain. Myann's foot put a bit of a damper on the full weekend, since her stitches meant she could not go in the water. Brian volunteered to stay with her in the hotel room so I could still take the boys. We had prepared Myann since Wednesday that she could not go in the water and if we took her she could not throw a fit once there. Myann proved faithful to her promise to me and did not have a fit. She did tear up a little at the sight of all the kids having fun, but I promised her we would go again once her foot was better and she perked up. She and Daddy hung out in the room watching movies and eating popcorn. The boys and I made our rounds in the park, with the help of my friends, who swapped out watching a child periodically. Shane is a my daredevil who wanted to do all the slides, which of course needed an adult. So I broke the no waterslides when pregnant rule and joined him as many times as I could hike the stairs to the top. Anders did the slides with us he could, but he was quite happy to do the slides in the kiddie area too. He must have gone about 50 times. Anders and I did a few body slides together, but then I sent him down one time alone since I was done and it served its purpose, he was done too.

Myann being a good sport, even though she could not go in.


Boys playing

Anders grabbing a bite between playing.


Anders was done with the water, but found a poll to climb.


Shane then decided to try the body surfing ride. I expected a full on immediate wipe out, but that kid lasted about 8 seconds the first time and 20 to 30 seconds on his subsequent rides. He was such a midget in line with all the big kids, but then when he was done, I was surprised how grown up he seemed. Video to come when I am not too tired to get out the camera and download.

Shane waiting in line. He was the smallest.



Shane's first try


Shane's 2nd try

No comments: