Monday, September 6, 2010

Shane's First Homework



Yep, Day 1 and Shane received a homework assignment. Fortunately, we had the long weekend to complete it. Tonight we finished it. The assignment was to complete the cut out with a representation of the student. I can not tell you the amount of stress this caused me. How much should I help, should I help at all, what if I don't help and the other parents help and Shane gets upset because his is the worse, what if I help and when he gets to school all the other kids did it alone and Shane's is obvious he had help? Brian thinks I am a nutcase and is very concerned that school is going to be the demise of me, since Day 1 of kindergarten has me back to biting my nails. So in the end, as you can see I helped a little. I took all of Shane's ideas and helped him to completion. Okay, so I helped more than I should have, but they really were his ideas, but I helped with cutting and glue placement.

Shane wanted a viking hat, no clue why. We were trying to make hair and that piece was a scrap and Shane decided it looked like a viking hat and he wanted to be wearing a viking hat. We went with it. Then we did the picture of him, come on, he is too cute. The t-shirt was an old t-shirt of his that I cut out and fit into place. Because he wears superhero t-shirts 99% of the time. Next he wanted green pants, because he loves green. He wanted his puppies in the picture and all his video games, but he settled for the wii remote to represent. He wanted a trophy in one hand because he is on a mission to acquire the most trophies in the world. He wanted to be kicking a soccer ball because he just started playing soccer and really likes it. And Dash because Shane is fast like Dash, this was actually Brian's contribution. Shane also wanted pictures of Anders and Myann on his person, but we ran out of space.

The pillow pet is in the picture just because it was new and he wanted it in the picture. The kids love their pillow pets.


Myann wanted to do "homework" too so she worked on her letters. She is really good at it when she sits down and concentrates.

No comments: