Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Perfect Northeastern Weekend




I took these pictures, they are not postcards. This was our scenery every morning as we ran. AMAZING!

As a mom, I suppose my perfect weekend should include my children and I have many wonderful weekends with my kiddos, but last weekend was childless bliss. Actually it was childless, husbandless bliss. I had no one to worry about but myself, and since I am an incredibly passive and easy going person, I was not even a worry. I was flying by myself, a vacation in itself, across the country to Pittsfield, MA to spend the weekend with my mom's side of the family. Complete with aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandmother. And of course, my mom and brother and sister-in-law. Yep, no children under 16 and the 16 year old was actually the largest person around. We ran in the picturesque countryside, ate delicious food, and just hung out. We watched my cousin's high school football team, looked through old family photos, and heard stories about my grandmother's family that I never knew. It was an easy and enjoyable weekend. I am blessed that I get to have these kind of weekends and spend time with some of the most amazing people on the planet. I have said this before, but seriously, how did I get so lucky to be related to the most wonderful people.

Oh yeah, and I read an entire book from start to finish and I picked up the manual to my new camera for the first time. Luxuries I do not have at home.
Pictures with Grandma Frances



Kylie and Justin (getting married next year and God help her, she asked Myann to be a flower girl)

Alex was surprised with a birthday cake and then gave an impromptu speech (he should have been a politician)

Playing with the settings on my camera - I love the picture. Hard to believe he is so sick, he looks perfect.

This is how the Boos clan rolls, we run and then we eat. We had an awesome breakfast at a little restaurant across the street from the jogging path.



This is not meant to be funny, but since I am from Texas where football is everything and high school ball is played on college size stadiums, this small town game where my brother and Uncle happen to be there and are asked to do the polls or whatever they are called it pretty amusing.


My cousin Guy is in the middle being an awesome Team captain and pumping up his team. Sadly he broke his wrist 2 weeks before our trip, so we did not get to watch him play and it is his senior year.


So gorgeous!

My Aunt Melinda and her grandfather (Part of the reason for the trip was to celebrate her 50th birthday. She looks amazing.)

My youngest cousins, who used to be the babies are all grown up.



No comments: